• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another reason not to visit Scotland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another reason not to visit Scotland

A popular Scottish tourist attraction provoked outrage by banning English visitors and destroying 'English' items such as bone china and the works of Shakespeare.
    The Edinburgh Dungeon said the one-day event is in revenge for the Battle of Falkirk, fought 710 years ago July 21st, at which more than 2,000 Scots were slaughtered by the Auld Enemy.

English visitors will only be allowed entry if they sign a scroll swearing allegiance to Scotland, while those from other countries will be encouraged to bring in items deemed 'typically English’ to be smashed.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/24...98-battle.html

Time to boycott all things Scottish
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Breaking News:

Troll has no sense of humour. Nor do readers of the Daily Telegraph.

OK, maybe not news

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Breaking News:

OK, maybe not news
      I read the Daily Telegraph.

What do the major humorists read hereabouts?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
        I read the Daily Telegraph.

What do the major humorists read hereabouts?
        The Daily Mail is funny until you realise that they mean it, whereupon it makes you start to vomit.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/24...98-battle.html

Time to boycott all things Scottish
          Except Haggis
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            Except Haggis
            With Drambuie Sauce and RumbledeThump!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Breaking News:

OK, maybe not news
              I bet Troll has a sense of humour. But alot of Scottish do not and take it v v seriously. I once worked with a lovely Scottish chap - until one evening someone mentioned Jackie Stuart! He launched into this tirade about Damon Hill is English - but Jackie Stuart in Britsh - not Scottish. He started foaming at the mouth!

But all in all the Scottish are great.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I bet Troll has a sense of humour. But alot of Scottish do not and take it v v seriously. I once worked with a lovely Scottish chap - until one evening someone mentioned Jackie Stuart! He launched into this tirade about Damon Hill is English - but Jackie Stuart in Britsh - not Scottish. He started foaming at the mouth!

But all in all the Scottish are great.
                That's correct. I know loads of Scots who've got absolutely no sense of humour whatsoever. But I've never met an Englishman I couldn't laugh at ;-)
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  That's correct. I know loads of Scots who've got absolutely no sense of humour whatsoever. But I've never met an Englishman I couldn't laugh at ;-)

You do make me laugh!!
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                    You're a brave little feller, ain'tcha?

How's the head dear boy?

Comment

Working...
                    X