• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dash of lime cordial saves the planet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dash of lime cordial saves the planet

http://www.physorg.com/news135820173.html

Boomed!
    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Ah! so all the (millions? of) tons of eroded limestone that get washed into the ocean every year isn't up to the job?
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      Ah! so all the (millions? of) tons of eroded limestone that get washed into the ocean every year isn't up to the job?
      Obviously needs to be a very specific type, manufactured by said oil companies.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
        Obviously needs to be a very specific type, manufactured by said oil companies.
        and exactly how much is this going to cost the taxpayer?
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          and exactly how much is this going to cost the taxpayer?
          They can take it off the extra VED duty they are getting

Comment

They are nicking my ideas again. I put this idea on my webtulipe science columnabout 4 years ago but I thought it was a joke. Still can't see how it isn't, how can being in seawater or any other water do anything but reverse the original process? Any chemists about?

PS They will be nicking my idea of catching subsea hydrates in old Tesco carrier bags next.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

So to sum up, water absorbs CO2 and if you add lime it absorbs even more CO2. We live in a country that has a lot of lime in the ground, where it is always bloody raining, why are we worried about this climate change bollocks again???

Comment

Working...
              X