• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

your home is next

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your home is next

http://www.thisislondon.com/news/art...urce=PA%20Feed

"This is another smash and grab raid on the savings of middle England - pensions funds were first, your home is next."
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

It's only "fair" you know. Britain's hard-working families deserve more of your and your elderly granny's wad.

Comment

Tax Man

Well that's typical labour policy.

You struggle to make the mortgage payments after tax for most of your life,
      if you leave it to your children after your death there is death duty/capital gains tax
      to be paid. Then just when you think you can relax your pension dwindles and
      council tax spirals.

Why don't they just put put income tax back to 95% and be more honest about it?

Massive taxes and high oil prices! We're just doing the 70's all over again...

Just without bell-bottoms and "The Carpenters" to cheer us up.

Comment

For the record, I am a Labour-hater, but...

... this is a perfectly sensible way to solve the problem that relatively "rich" people with "small" incomes have paying their property taxes.

Having said that, I would prefer the problem to be solved by competitively priced equity release plans. These would give income for other purposes as well. (If people are struggling to pay their council tax then they are generally hard-up, so could probably use extra income over and above what they need for the council tax.)

Comment

Drop council tax

Not sure how much your average pensioner costs the council, they don't tend to litter pavements, drive at high speed, deal crack or use adventure playgrounds.

Stop screwing the hard working, spend less on the lazy buzzards.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Woe is me!

Comment

What I find interesting in the council tax is that very small sums are spend on police and fire service, while huge chunk is used on feck-knows-what, I don't even know why they separated police/fire from the main sum as it clearly shows something is fishy, ie in Brum mere 100 quid go to police/firemen, and whopping 1000 quid is "other". Surely garbage collection can't possible cost more than police and fire services?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                What I find interesting in the council tax is that very small sums are spend on police and fire service, while huge chunk is used on feck-knows-what, I don't even know why they separated police/fire from the main sum as it clearly shows something is fishy, ie in Brum mere 100 quid go to police/firemen, and whopping 1000 quid is "other". Surely garbage collection can't possible cost more than police and fire services?!?!
                Vote rigging and election fraud on a massive scale costs quite a lot of money you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                  Vote rigging and election fraud on a massive scale costs quite a lot of money you know.
                  I don't believe it. Civil service pensions perhaps, but the point is: wtf breakdown huge sum into 10% of defined parts, and leave 90% as "other"? IMO they should breakdown the whole lot so that its clear where the money go to.

Comment

Why don't they sell up and get a house they can afford to service - then they get the benefit of their equity. I hate Labour policies as much as the next sane man, but if you can't afford your bills in your massive house then don't start moaning about it

Comment

Working...
                    X