• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

agent or Id theft ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

agent or Id theft ?

Candidate Response Form - This information is only required by us for the purposes of uploading your CV to our client

Please answer all questions without leaving any blanks:

* Title:
    * First name:
    * Surname:
    * Mobile telephone:
    * Home telephone:
    * Emergency alternative telephone (re short notice interview requests etc):
    * Email address (personal):
    * Email address (work):
    * Marital status:
    * National Insurance number:
    * Nationality:
    * Ethnicity:
    * Current address (Borough or County only):
    * Does your right to work in the UK require a work permit or visa **:
    * passport number
    * dvla drivers number
    * If you answered YES to the above:

[Please send us A Copy of your Visa (stating the Issue & Expiry Date) & A Copy of your Passport.

You can send us both the copies via email or fax or post along with this form]

* Does your visa restrict the total number of hours per week that you may work and if so please state the maximum:
    * Do you hold a current UK passport**
    * Do you have a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) Disclosure : [Please send a Copy of your CRB via fax or email, along with this form]
    * What kind of a CRB do you hold? Standard or Enhanced Disclosure :
    * If YES, please provide CRB Disclosure Number : Issue Date (DD/MM/YYYY) :
    * Are you POVC (Protection of Vulnerable Children) registered? :
    * Are you POVA (Protection of Vulnerable Adults) registered? :
    * Do you have Security vetting clearance? Please specify:
    * If YES, please provide issue number: issue date (DD/MM/YYYY): expiry date (DD/MM/YYYY):
    * Do you have any criminal offences on record (you may disregard offences with a spent rehabilitation period as defined by the rehabilitation of offenders act 1974):
    * What is your availability to start work? :
    * If you have to give notice for an existing job please state how long this period is for? :
    * References: We expect you to have primed your referees to expect a call or email from us and for one of your referees to be a line manager or supervisor from your last place of work (not agency, please)

* Reference #1 [Last Employer]:

* Company name:
    * Contact name:
    * Telephone number:
    * Email address
    * Fax number

* Reference #2:

* Company name:
    * Contact name:
    * Telephone number:
    * Email address
    * Fax number

Some agents will try this on to harvest contacts/leads, so it may not be dodgy. I always tell them that I'll only fill in their forms once they have me an interview and not a minute before. That usually sorts out the blaggers from the legits.
    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Which agent was it?
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
        I always tell them that I'll only fill in their forms once they have me an interview and not a minute before.
        Ditto. I also tell pimps if they try it on that I don't have a passport (never needed one, never travelled) or a driving licence (never learnt to drive) or any printed household bills (all paid online by direct debit). That usually confuses them no end!
        Last edited by moorfield; 22 July 2008, 15:12.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
          Which agent was it?
          Sebastian
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
            Sebastian
            Rooks?

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
              Ditto. I also tell pimps if they try it on that I don't have a passport (never needed one, never travelled) or a driving licence (never learnt to drive) or any printed household bills (all paid online by direct debit). That usually confuses them no end!

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                Rooks?

Or maybe his name is Tarquin
                Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post

Or maybe his name is Tarquin
                  Ah. Not watched the film 'Cypher' yet then? I recommend it heartily.

Comment

With that lot, is there any wonder why it’s simultaneously difficult for employers to find people and for the unemployed to get any interviews!

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X