• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£800 to park me car outside the house...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£800 to park me car outside the house...

So me car tax has gone up to £450 a year

Now Edinbra council what to double the cost of me permit to reflect the emissions of the car.. now £320

Grand total to have me car sitting outside the winda: £770!!!!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Never seen a city more difficult to drive or park in outside of London, contracts in the Gyle are the only option. Is that Gyle train station open yet?
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Never seen a city more difficult to drive or park in outside of London, contracts in the Gyle are the only option. Is that Gyle train station open yet?
      yah... for some while now.

The streets all around are getting ripped up hammering away major noise non-stop for this blooming tram system, better work...
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        Whit contracts?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          yah... for some while now.

The streets all around are getting ripped up hammering away major noise non-stop for this blooming tram system, better work...
          As long as it goes west
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Now Edinbra council what to double the cost of me permit to reflect the emissions of the car.. now £320

Can you check somewhere the different rates for parking permits ?

Comment

Hmm wonder if the fines would be cheaper?

Comment

Stealth tax Britain is alive and well !! New Lie OUT !!!

Comment

You do realise your car tax gives you the right to drive around as well don't you?
                  Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                    You do realise your car tax gives you the right to drive around as well don't you?
                    I thought the "drive around" tax was called petrol?

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X