• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PlanIT brolly?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PlanIT brolly?

Another newbie contractor & initially looking at the easy umbrella option. Have done a search but can find any reference to PlanIT Services as a brolly - seem very reasonable rate (£30 per month), and as they have ads on many contractor sites thought I would find more info on them - anyone have any experiences?

PlanIT

The best advice I could give you is DONT USE THEM!!!!!!!! They are awful.

Comment

Brollys

Are you sure your contract is inside IR35....if not, is likely to be more beneficial to run it through a limited company.

Comment

Brolly 15 Limited

I really have to disagree with your previous correspondents. I have been a contractor with Brolly 15 Limited for the past two and a half years. They handle all payroll and income tax matters on my behalf. When I first joined them, I was hesitant and a bit sceptical, because I didn't know what to expect. However, I needn't have worried. Their handling of my monthly payroll has always been excellent and faultless. They have consistently forwarded all contractor payments within the agreed 5 day period. They have saved me a small fortune in income tax. And whenever my circumstances have changed and I have wanted to ask them something, their customer services manager has been really efficient and got back to me on the same day. I would have no hesitation in recommending Brolly 15 Limited to anyone. In two words, they are first class.

Comment

Hum,

A poster with one post disagreeing with a poster with 5 posts.

Who to believe?

tim
          Last edited by tim123; 16 September 2005, 14:00.

Comment

They have saved me a small fortune in income tax.

Oh do tell - how much and how. We'd all love to know...
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Abbott
              I really have to disagree with your previous correspondents. I have been a contractor with Brolly 15 Limited for the past two and a half years. They handle all payroll and income tax matters on my behalf. When I first joined them, I was hesitant and a bit sceptical, because I didn't know what to expect. However, I needn't have worried. Their handling of my monthly payroll has always been excellent and faultless. They have consistently forwarded all contractor payments within the agreed 5 day period. They have saved me a small fortune in income tax. And whenever my circumstances have changed and I have wanted to ask them something, their customer services manager has been really efficient and got back to me on the same day. I would have no hesitation in recommending Brolly 15 Limited to anyone. In two words, they are first class.
              Isn't this a variation of an old "Not the 9 O'Clock News" sketch ... I'd quite happily sell my house and children just to pay the licence fee etc etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Stevep
                Another newbie contractor & initially looking at the easy umbrella option. Have done a search but can find any reference to PlanIT Services as a brolly - seem very reasonable rate (£30 per month), and as they have ads on many contractor sites thought I would find more info on them - anyone have any experiences?
                http://www.planitservices.co.uk/umbrella/

Don't know anything about the brolly but as accountants they are very good (I use them for our company).

Personally, I would always go through a Ltd unless you are looking at shorterm, temp-like work. There's not a great deal of work or expense involved setting up an Ltd so don't use that as an excuse for a brolly.

For IR35 issues talk to Darren http://www.1staccountancy.biz/, Accountax or someone with the appropriate experience in those matters.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                X