• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Daily Mail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Daily Mail

I love the Mail. Only the Mail can report how a father and the family dog were horrifically killed by a train in front of his young daughters and write:

Today, neighbours at the family's £300,00 semi-detached home in Ashburton, Devon, also paid tribute.
    It's very important in these stories to keep a perspective on house prices.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I love the Mail. Only the Mail can report how a father and the family dog, a cocker spaniel called bruce, were horrifically mangled, electrocuted then killed by a train in front of his sobbing and distraught young daughters and write:

Today, neighbours at the family's £300,00 semi-detached home in Ashburton, Devon, also paid tribute.

true, but at least the dog got a mention

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I love the Mail. Only the Mail can report how a father and the family dog were horrifically killed by a train in front of his young daughters and write:

Blimey, Devon must be cheap. Only 300 slapperoonies
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Blimey, Devon must be cheap. Only 300 slapperoonies
        That's not a decimal point you mainland dwelling eejit.

Although, SSM? £300,000 ?
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Classic Daily Mail.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

You can imagine what it's like when a Mail journalist turns up on your doorstep:

"So sorry at your tragic loss... by the way, how much is your house worth?"

Comment

I suspect the Mail thought it's readers wouldn't care if some chav died. But if he has a 300k house, then he's a real person, and this engenders the average Mail reader's support. He must be white, middle class, and not an immigrunt. A true tragedy.
              Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                I suspect the Mail thought it's readers wouldn't care if some chav died. But if he has a 300k house, then he's a real person, and this engenders the average Mail reader's support. He must be white, middle class, and not an immigrunt. A true tragedy.
                but if it had said a £5M house, you would have thought "what an upper class twit!"

Every story should include the price of the person's house so we know where on the social standing they are. God forbid they are "renters".

Comment

Perhaps you should include a readers comment:

"I was horrified reading that report about the attack, I hadn't realised house prices had dropped so much..."
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                  X