• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommended Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended Insurance

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good insurance company to go for. I'd like a fairly comprehensive cover for professional indemnity, public liability, illness, etc. I had a quick look at the Contractor UK recommended Caunce O'Hara, but the quote was looking like it was coming in at over a £1K per year...

cheers
    baronne

I use Qdos Consulting, last time I looked they were the cheapest than any I could find.
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

PCS insurance offer insurance for around £460, a bit cheaper if youre a Brookson client.
      its £330 for brookson clients.
      Last edited by diesel; 24 July 2008, 10:26. Reason: checked prices

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
        I use Qdos Consulting, last time I looked they were the cheapest than any I could find.
        whs - minus the poor grammar

Comment

www.simplybusiness.co.uk do mine for £195
          Blood in your poo

Comment

Finsbury quoted me £133 using SimplyBusiness website (it is a comparison service BTW)

Public Liability £1,000,000
            Employers Liability £10,000,000
            Professional Indemnity £100,000

Comment

I use caunce o'hara
              not made a claim yet but I've got all their insurances and it costs me about £1k/year, most of that goes through company

Comment

PCG offer discounted rates around £200 for basic PI/PL/EL cover with Randall Dorling ( at least I think it's them ).
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by w3bdEw View Post
                  Finsbury quoted me £133 using SimplyBusiness website (it is a comparison service BTW)

Public Liability £1,000,000
                  Employers Liability £10,000,000
                  Professional Indemnity £100,000

I've got £1m prof indemnity. Think £100,000 is on the low side though I can never get a straight answer for people of the recommended level.

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
                    I've got £1m prof indemnity. Think £100,000 is on the low side though I can never get a straight answer for people of the recommended level.
                    For £1m premium rises to £231 (still good I think)

Comment

Working...
                    X