• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this email validation or unsubscribe?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this email validation or unsubscribe?

I received this email, what does the panel think? Are they validating my email address, or will they really unsubscribe me?

Dear Sir or Madam,

We have recently purchased a UK business email list which contains your email address and
    company details such as full postal address and contact telephone number.

It is our intention to deliver marketing messages to the file from both ourselves and business clients.

The list was sold to us as email opted-in, however, prior to using it and as an ethical user of email
    information, we are writing to you to give you the opportunity to have your email address and your
    company's details removed completely from the list.

We STRICTLY adhere to all unsubscribe and removal requests.

If you wish to be removed from the list completely, simply click on the following link (snip) and we guarantee that you will never receive any
    further messages from this source.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Business Lists Ltd

Email validation.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

In case you haven't come across it yet - I use spamgourmet.com to create disposable addresses for use in web forms. That way if they do get sold on it doesn't affect me as there are only a finite number of mails to the address you specify. You can also see who it is that sells your address on.
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Email validation.
        Ta

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          In case you haven't come across it yet - I use spamgourmet.com to create disposable addresses for use in web forms. That way if they do get sold on it doesn't affect me as there are only a finite number of mails to the address you specify. You can also see who it is that sells your address on.
          I use Gishpuppy (when I remember!)

Comment

I just use [email protected]

That's how I found the CUK had leaked.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
            X