• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear more bad news...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear more bad news...

Killing your wife will become illegal due to a new law.

under reforms to the murder laws, it was announced earlier this week that men who kill their wives - and there are 100 such incidents a year in Britain - will no longer be able to use provocation, such as persistent nagging, as a defence.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/portal/ma...3/ftmen123.xml
    I'm alright Jack

Can't kill your wife - PC gone mad.

Shame I can't use Threaded's time machine to send that to an ex of mine.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      under reforms to the murder laws, it was announced earlier this week that men who kill their wives - and there are 100 such incidents a year in Britain - will no longer be able to use provocation, such as persistent nagging, as a defence.
      Does that also include wimmin not being able to use 'mental cruelty' i.e. the swine forced me to live within a budget, denied me the latest handbag/shoes/dress so I stabbed the miserable scroat defence
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

How racist can you get!! Who are we to impose our morality on cultures from the east. If they want to maim, torture, disfigure, kill, and finally throw, one of their wives into one of our canals (after first placing neatly into a suitcase), it's not our place to interfere.
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Killing your wife will become illegal due to a new law.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/portal/ma...3/ftmen123.xml
          I note there is nothing about women who kill their husbands.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            Can't kill your wife - PC gone mad.
            Next thing you know they'll be banning sticks no thicker than your thumb!
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Ah yes but they are changing the law on self defence so you dont have to prove you were in fear of your life so just put a bread knife in her hand after you have thrown her down the stairs. It might help if you cut yourself up a bit first.

I did not say this I was not here.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Why not agree with your mate to kill his wife and he can kill yours - that way each person is not killing their wife. Sorted!
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                  Why not agree with your mate to kill his wife and he can kill yours - that way each person is not killing their wife. Sorted!
                  a stranger

That would be tricky for me, as I avoid public transport
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Next thing you know they'll be banning sticks no thicker than your thumb!
                    Won't that make all sticks that are thicker than your thumb legal?

Can't see a bit problem with that myself

Comment

Working...
                    X