• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I need an accountant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need an accountant

My situation is this...

I started contracting about 10 months ago and for the last 3 months i've 'gone it alone' and chucked in my unbrella company.

What i now need to do is register with the inland revenue (i can do that) and setup a limited company. My earnings are currently between say 50k - 70k.

I don't employ anybody and i presume my accounts are about as simple as they come so i'm not after any extravagant offering but i do need somebody who will look after my accounts and get the best for me regarding tax etc..

Ideally the setting up of a limited co should be thrown in.

Is anybody willing to offer their services?

Please email me at [email protected]

I can happily give you my mobile number over email to chat it over.

Many Thanks

Z , why not just give the bloke a civil answer you eight post a day sad get.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      I may indeed be a sad git, but that was a civil answer by the standards of this forum.

If you don't like it, then feck off.
      Sounds like Pissflaps wants to join the CUK forum with a big splash.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Ouch ! Bit touchy there Z.

Comment

Zeitghost only knows about tax law in the 95th dimension so don't rely on advice from any of those quarters. All the accountants and their menials (by the way, don't say rhino has disappeared along with fiddle?) who hang around this site will also read this. Make sure you ask if they wear a toupee. The one with a toupee is quite good at his job I have heard. If you can call accountancy a job, that is.

Most accountants will be able to set up a company for you. If they charge much more than £55 quid they are ripping you off. Check the internet. I did know a chap claimed to get all his accountancy needs for £250 PA but £700 to £1200 is more usual.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

We recommend one - check the link below.............

Comment

Reading complete @rse like this doesn't fill me with confidence these accountants ************ are pushing know what they're doing.

Salary & Expenses

Under new regulations (commonly known as IR35) that came into force from 6th April 2000 there are restrictions on what expenses etc can be claimed by you through the company. The qualifying expenses are as follows:

Travelling, accommodation and subsistence expenses that are allowable (see section on travelling expenses on page 6);

etc., etc.
              Last edited by Lucifer Box; 19 August 2005, 11:56.

Comment

Acccountants

Originally posted by ************
                We recommend one - check the link below.............
                ....what link?

Comment

Under new regulations (commonly known as IR35) that came into force from 6th April 2000 there are restrictions on what expenses etc can be claimed by you through the company. The qualifying expenses are as follows:

Travelling, accommodation and subsistence expenses that are allowable (see section on travelling expenses on page 6);
                  Our link has been removed - heh but thanks Darren

Not quite sure what the problem is here ?? - is it interpretation or simply a case of not being able to read plain English ?

If you are caught by IR35 those are the only legitimate expenses that can be claimed, apart from the 5% of turnover, of course.

Incidentally Lucifer, you edit your post and it still makes about as much sense literally as your comment does factually
                  Last edited by 4Contractors; 23 August 2005, 07:41.

Comment

Originally posted by ************
                    If you are caught by IR35
                    I think your own words in your response reveal the problem with your site. You are presenting IR35 to the new boys as universally applicable to all, no ifs and no buts (as Chico might say).

Now, let's be nice. It's all a bit of fun.

Comment

Working...
                    X