• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

France 'oliday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

France 'oliday

Hopefully the great unwashed will be too strapped for cash this year to consider a foreign holiday, with this in mind I intend a road trip to the South of France / Spain and tour around.

I've driven to Perpignan non stop from Calais before but this year wanted to break the journey over night near Veirzon /Clermont-Ferrand

Any one used F1 before or a similar alternative?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Formule 1 are OK, bunk bed arrangement double bed below, single above so room for 3. Room has a sink and a TV. Toilets and showers are shared but automatically cleaned after each use. Never had a problem with them.

If you want en suite facilites use Etap Hotel, bit more expensive though.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      If it is just somewhere to get your head down then they are fine. Dont expect anything more than a basic room and service.
      F1, etap, Ibis (rates vary).
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

etap - no question
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Hopefully the great unwashed will be too strapped for cash this year to consider a foreign holiday.....
          Although widely disseminated I believe this to be a falacy.
          I mean - room rates anyone? UK is still very expensive.
          Bored.

Comment

Hopefully the great unwashed will be too strapped for cash this year to consider a foreign holiday, with this in mind I intend a road trip to the South of France / Spain and tour around.

I've driven to Perpignan non stop from Calais before but this year wanted to break the journey over night near Veirzon /Clermont-Ferrand

**** driving all the way - use the motorail.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I always use Mercure for overnight stops in France - always reasonable price/quality ratio.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

F1 - shared toliets - don't you just wonder how many people have used the basin for a toliet

Comment

Originally posted by scott_free View Post
                  F1 - shared toliets - don't you just wonder how many people have used the basin for a toliet
                  Lots. I travel with just the right sized stick for poking the poo down through the plug grate.
                  The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
                    Lots. I travel with just the right sized stick for poking the poo down through the plug grate.
                    yeah, and they position the breakfast bar right by the crappers

Comment

Working...
                    X