• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why...

... doesn't this chap qualify for the Victoria Cross?

He's in the RM - why shouldn't he get the military honour?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    ... doesn't this chap qualify for the Victoria Cross?

He's in the RM - why shouldn't he get the military honour?
    Probably because the VC is only awarded for 'bravery in the face of the enemy'

the George cross is for bravery

They must have someone who makes these distinctions and draws the fine line between
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      Probably because the VC is only awarded for 'bravery in the face of the enemy'

the George cross is for bravery

They must have someone who makes these distinctions and draws the fine line between
      Who chucked the grenade then, was it a friendly American patrol and hence not the enemy?

Seems a bit harsh.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

For all we know he could have fallen over his own trip wire and triggered a booby trap he was planting.....
        Still Invoicing

Comment

It's because he was not engaging the enemy at the time. Tommy Taliban left an IED and facked off leaving this fella to trip it and fall on top of it. He then went on to kill the enemy and then off home for tea and medals.

HTH.
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I got my first VC when I was only 20, thats just two years service. not bad even if I say so myself.
            Got a plaque, 'Vacuuous *****'

well, we were all newbies once

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
            X