• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Limited Company - No contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Limited Company - No contract

Hi,
    I just applied for a new limited company to be set up as I was about to start a contracting job. The company has been confirmed by Companies House - however the contracting job has fallen through. Not worried about money as I'm in a permanent role at the moment. However I'm concerned that I may have to pay an accountant to complete all the necessary tax forms for me for the limted company with no money coming into it. So my question is...

If there is no money coming into my Limited Company, do I still have to complete all the various tax returns and docs?

Advise will be appreciated.

Thanks

Iank

I am not an authority on this in any way shape or form, but, my thoughts are that you will not need to declare anything to Inland Revenue if there is nothing to declare.

You will need to keep Companies House updated to advise them that the company is dormant, how you go about that though I am not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by iank View Post
      Hi,
      I just applied for a new limited company to be set up as I was about to start a contracting job. The company has been confirmed by Companies House - however the contracting job has fallen through. Not worried about money as I'm in a permanent role at the moment. However I'm concerned that I may have to pay an accountant to complete all the necessary tax forms for me for the limted company with no money coming into it. So my question is...

If there is no money coming into my Limited Company, do I still have to complete all the various tax returns and docs?

Thanks

Iank
      yes this is a tricky one. I may be able to help you out though. Send me your company name, account number, sort code and name of the account, company inception date and wifes/gf bust size, with photo.
      I will see what I can do

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by iank View Post
        Hi,

Thanks

Iank

I called my local tax office after wanting to make my company dormant - they did indeed need to know, otherwise you will get letters from Hector. All dealt with by a quick call.

Comment

Thanks for the pointers guys - details of my g/f bust size on its way.

It would appear that I can make the company dormant with the Tax People by filling in a form and I won't get hassled.

For Companies House I can fill in a dormant company form too when it comes to filing the annual account.

worry over.

Cheers,

ik

Comment

Working...
          X