• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT Rant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT Rant

In May I reported a fault on my little-used 2nd phone line which I use for business. Of course by the time the engineer arrived the fault had cleared. So my bill now shows a £99 charge for a call-out.

Spoke to a nice indian chappie this morning who says that the charge is there because no fault was found. When I tried to explain that it must have been the BT equipment that was faulty and then cleared up, I should not have been charged.

He said I should have told them the fault had cleared (I didn't know it had, the line is used to make calls once a week). He then says I should have been "more proactive" and let them know the fault was cleared. Essentially I wasted the engineer's time.

I'm incandescent with rage!

If I refuse to pay, they will cut me off of course.

Who do I complain to? (apart from you lot)

Of course my first mistake was using BT, and my 2nd was believing that they might have some interest in the fault.

Bloody timewasters. I 'ate 'em.

Comment

Wasting my time, ok, but £99 !!! PLUS VAT !!

Comment

It's a business line. What's VAT got to do with it?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Try emailing the CEO [email protected]

There is also OFCOM, http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/ this worked for me !

BT make me madmadmad

Comment

What I hate is how, having let you down on the service that you pay for, they then lecture you about your failings. And then charge you.

Sanctimonious prats!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              He said I should have told them the fault had cleared (I didn't know it had, the line is used to make calls once a week). He then says I should have been "more proactive" and let them know the fault was cleared. Essentially I wasted the engineer's time.
              You wasted the engineer's time by failing to test the line frequently?

No, he wasted yours by failing to test it and notify you that the fault had cleared. Bill them for it.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                Try emailing the CEO [email protected]
                He's gone now, unfortunately.
                Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

BT suck donkey dick
                  Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

At least BT don't appear to try to con you as much as the mobile outfits such 3 where you might end up paying £1 / MB download if you're not careful. £640 to download a film! Makes BT seem saint-like in comparison.

Comment

Working...
                    X