• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GM Crops

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GM Crops

Anyone have any strong views on the use of GM crops ? Has anyone modified their views due to the current food shortages in some parts of the world ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

I have no issues with GM foods. I especially like the Tomatoes that can grow a human ear. Or was that a mouse I'm thinking of?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      Anyone have any strong views on the use of GM crops ? Has anyone modified their views due to the current food shortages in some parts of the world ?
      Feed the mutated ones to the mutants (chavs, etc) and keep the good ones in Waitrose for us.
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I have no issues with GM foods. I especially like the Tomatoes that can grow a human ear. Or was that a mouse I'm thinking of?
        Tomato that grew a mouse ear?
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

We've all been eating them for about 30 years so its hard to be against them as such, and almost impossible to avoid in one form or another...
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

GM foods = Good thing.
            Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              No it was a mouse that grew tomatos for testicles.
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                my mum used to tell me I had spuds growing in my ears when I was in the bath
                she never mentioned anything about rodents or tomatos

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Tomatoes are GM foods of a sort anyway, and potatoes, rice, wheat...just about everything we eat. GM is nothing new, nature does it, we do it, and each can create toxic varieties.

Comment

There is evidence that GM crops cause damage to the insect population which has had effects further up the food chain. Damaging the food chain could have terrible consequences.
                    For example, if bees became extinct, pollination in many cases would not occur, and many species of plant would then die out.

Comment

Working...
                    X