• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone else off to WOMAD this weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else off to WOMAD this weekend?

Should be interesting with two kids this year - especially one that can now run around and cause mischief ...
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Whats WOMAD?
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

They were a band...Womad & Womad if you recall...
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        Whats WOMAD?
        Women On Medication/Menstruation and Distressed

I'm giving it a wide berth.
        Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
          They were a band...Womad & Womad if you recall...
          Perhaps before my time sweetie
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

An annual protest for Dyslexic Woman Against Orthodox Men I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              Should be interesting with two kids this year - especially one that can now run around and cause mischief ...
              World of Music and Dance.

Dance? FFS, you scots fairy!

Comment

Was supposed to go to the Greenman Festival this year. Not going anymore though

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  Often thought about takking the kids to rock festivals, but tow things put me off - (1) the tits who throw bottles and run around like... well tits (2) the toilet facilities.
                  Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    World of Music and Dance.

Dance? FFS, you scots fairy!
                    World music festival - not too much dancing apart from in the crowd that I've noticed (There are dance workshop thingies but I never go to them).

It's brilliant - if you like music, then WOMAD is superb. And it has the massive plus of not being a 'cool' festival, so IMO it's the last of the genuinely hippy type festivals left.

And it's incredibly family friendly, stuffed full of nice people who're just there for the music and not in a mad rush to get off their tits as quick as possible, with the nicest toilets you could imagine at a festival, I think they actually spend some money and hire the better ones!!

I've been to a tonne of festivals, and this is the best one in terms of overall atmosphere and setup, by a long way. My fifth WOMAD - twice so far with one kid - the fact I keep going back with kids says it all really.
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                    X