• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Da Vinci Code

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Da Vinci Code

So what is it about this novel that is getting some nuns upset?
    Has anyone read it, and if so what's your opinion on it?
    Why not?

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    Has anyone read it, and if so what's your opinion on
    it?
    While on holidays I've come across with TV program (I think) about it -- basically a chap created a program that acted as crossword or scrable complete word searcher. So, he was specifying "interesting" words and was looking if they happened to be present on pages of some holy book (Bible?).

Naturally when you get lots of text together you will have these words, its pretty inevitable and independent experiment in which he took part pretty much proved that.

Conclusion -- load of bollox just like the Bible itself.

Comment

I've read it, and think it is most excellent tosh. I can see why some people would get upset about it.

There have been various sects etc. over the years that think Jesus was married, that he had a twin brother, that the Holy Grail was actually Mary Magdelenes womb etc. etc. all sorts of very odd ideas.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I've read it, it helped a couple of days pass by in a relatively entertaining manner.

It's a work of fiction. Typical Dan Brown conspiracy tulipe and not even original at that!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
          I've read it, it helped a couple of days pass by in a relatively entertaining manner.

It's a work of fiction. Typical Dan Brown conspiracy tulipe and not even original at that!
          Hey, hey, hey! What is all this? You want somethink to read? Come to pop, he got dirty books.

Comment

A certain Not The Nine O'Clock News sketch comes to mind when reading about this story.

Not The Nine O'Clock News

Do you think people who pack the confectionary into boxes at fudge making factories tell people what they do for a living?

Comment

I've read it. It might be bollocks for all I know, but his central tenet is more believeable than the Catholic version. Basically, men worshipped snatches (grails) until the Catholics rewrote history to put a stop to it.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                Basically, men worshipped snatches
                Mmmmm...snatch....
                Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
                  Mmmmm...snatch....
                  <sniff><sniff>where?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                    Basically, men worshipped snatches (grails) until the Catholics rewrote history to put a stop to it.
                    Amazing. Dan Brown took 500 pages, you took 16 words.

I think I almost prefer your version.

Comment

Working...
                    X