• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do agents get it wrong ??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do agents get it wrong ??

Scenario, typical b*llsh*t from agency; putting yourself and another person forward for a role, you are the stronger of the two, blah, blah, blah. Telephone interview, great, had that, usual stuff, skillset matches what client so called wanted. Hey ho, no feedback from agency, therefore no role. OK simple, yet you receive an E-Mail for the same role (bulk mailing etc) completely different to what agency specified, and yes... is it the same role. Maybe, I'm being harsh here but as said before in one of my posts, a lot of them are just plain cheesy, money in pocket, get a placement etc. But is it the client or the agencies ?

A bit of both. Either the agent gets the wrong end of the stick (they tend to fix on either a technical skill or a bit of industry knowledge and overinflate its importance), or the client doesn't actually know what they want until they see it.

Comment

sounds like a ploy to harvest cv`s to me .
      stick a few skills not needed on the job spec to save for future roles.

Comment

Working...
      X