• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10 little house price drops, all in a row.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 little house price drops, all in a row.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...pending228.xml

The average property value has fallen by £7,800 since last summer, according to the latest survey to suggest that the slump in the housing market is worsening.

The average home is now worth £168,500 after falling in price for 10 consecutive months, figures from the monthly report published by Hometrack, the property research company, show.

Prices fell 1.2 per cent in July, an acceleration on the previous month's fall of 1 per cent, and May's fall of 0.5 per cent.

The annual rate of decline is 4.4 per cent — the biggest fall since the research company started its monthly survey in 2001.

And if one little price drop, should accidentally fall, there will be 9.........

IGMC
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

I can't wait until we get 12 months. Then we will be able to see what the annual fall pa is going to be.

Muliply by three for the minimum fall before things level off

tim

Comment

What a load of tulip. Our place has increased in value by 8% in the last 12 months... it should have been a lot more but times are tough I guess.

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/hpi/
        Last edited by scooterscot; 29 July 2008, 22:39.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If it continues to drop at this rate....................................Ah! who cares?
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            What a load of tulip. Our place has increased in value by 8% in the last 12 months...
            8% of nothing is still nothing...

Comment

And then there were none

Where are the rhymes?

What happen to all the 10 drops?

Where is the last "and then there were none"....
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

When mine drops to half it's current value, I'm going to sell up and buy a little place in America.

Washington state, and possibly Pennsylvania (I'll need the coal to keep Washington warm)
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Unless it's going to take you into negative equity or you are selling up to realise the capital, who cares about house prices? So you dont get as much for yours when you sell it, you wont pay as much for the next one either.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Unless it's going to take you into negative equity or you are selling up to realise the capital, who cares about house prices? So you dont get as much for yours when you sell it, you wont pay as much for the next one either.
                    Wash you mouth out right now. This is CUK and so we'll have none of that kind of talk around here. tsk.

Next it'll be, immigrants aren't stealing our jobs.... and before you know it the daily mail will be out of circulation and we'll all be voting labour (again ).

Comment

Working...
                    X