• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOMED! Major Bank to go under?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOMED! Major Bank to go under?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/newsnight...ecome_foc.html
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Stick poll up and we'll have a sweepstake on which one is going the way of Northern Rock.

This time next year, we'll all own a small piece of every UK bank. Thank god for taxpayers, that's all I can say. Whatever they might be.

Comment

I liked the disclaimer on the end

"A final note on all this: I am not a banking analyst and I can only go off what the experts tell me, and to report what I hear. I am not saying there's going to be a banking collapse and I have no inside knowledge. There are many checks and balances in the system and the regulators are patrolling like Bondi lifesavers at shark feeding time. Do not take any decisions on the basis of what I write: it's only meant to aid understanding of the financial, regulatory and political news as it develops. If you think different or know better, please hit the comment button and set me straight!"

I think I might borrow it.

Comment

ummmmm..... I do not suppose for one moment that it is a bit of scaremongering to panic shareholders into selling shares so that a hedge fund can pick them up even more cheaply !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          ummmmm..... I do not suppose for one moment that it is a bit of scaremongering to panic shareholders into selling shares so that a hedge fund can pick them up even more cheaply !!
          So Paul Mason=sasguru? I wonder which stock he is shorting?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            How come you didn't manage to promote the Tories as our saviour in waiting in that post

Comment

Working...
            X