• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in ROI

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting in ROI

Hi,

Hope someone can help with this as its stressing me a bit...

I just started a contract as a QA Lead in the republic of ireland. My limited company is based in the UK. It seems this is going to cause me problems.

1. My natwest small business account say they'll charge me between 10 and 20% (depending on the amounts invloved) if my gross pay go's into that account in euros as its a UK account.

2. My agency is in ROI and they wont pay me in £'s.

3. As Im based in UK and only in ROI mon fri half of my expenses (train tickets) are in £'s and half (accomodation etc) are in Euros. A seperate problem I think but one Im eaually stumped by.

Im sure many people have been in this boat before but I dont seem to be able to find any.

Can someone advise on how to sort this out? Do i need to open an account in ROI? A business one or a current one? Are there any UK banks that I could transfer my account to which will accept my gross pay going into it in Euros and convert it free of charge or at least with a reasonable charge?

Many thanks in adance.

Chris

Have you asked your Natwest branch about opening up a Euro account? There's some charges involved, but it's going to be a lot cheaper.

As far as I'm aware, all the high street banks offer foreign currency accounts in addition to their other accounts.
    Discuss PDA/Smartphones
    Yeovil Town FC - the real green & whites

Comment

Originally posted by dazza12
      Have you asked your Natwest branch about opening up a Euro account? There's some charges involved, but it's going to be a lot cheaper.

As far as I'm aware, all the high street banks offer foreign currency accounts in addition to their other accounts.
      Most UK banks will provide a Euro Account.

Just get NatWest to open a Euro Based account in your companies name.

Comment

Why not follow the advice (and link) given the last time you asked this question?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/thread3098.html

Comment

Working...
        X