• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

second hand car market doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

second hand car market doom

was reading Quentin Wilson this weekend it seems second hand car prices are in freefall thanks to the credit crunch. E.g. 04 Mondeo at auction £1400!!!
    That's an 18k motor 4 years ago. Also Jeep Grand Cherokee 03 V6 , 3k!!!

Oh dear
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    was reading Quentin Wilson this weekend it seems second hand car prices are in freefall thanks to the credit crunch. E.g. 04 Mondeo at auction £1400!!!

Oh dear
    What's wrong with that?
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      What's wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with that, it just means many large cars over 3 years old are now effectively worthless. £1400 is less than half the book price for the mondeo, I don't remember any time in my car buying life when book price hasn't been approx correct. This has to be a refelection of the times
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

My 1989 Ford Orion 1.6i Ghia has, if anything, increased in value since I paid £250 for it in 2001

Comment

Nothing wrong with that, it just means many large cars over 3 years old are now effectively worthless. £1400 is less than half the book price for the mondeo, I don't remember any time in my car buying life when book price hasn't been approx correct. This has to be a refelection of the times
          Anyone buying a Mondeo deserves all they get. But quality large cars over 3 years old, now there's an opportunity...
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            My 1989 Ford Orion 1.6i Ghia has, if anything, increased in value since I paid £250 for it in 2001
            You were robbed

that reminds me, why are there so many old bangers down sarf? I thought you were all loaded down here. I don't see many cars over 5yrs old when I go home, here I'm seeing L and J reg cars. Cars you wouldn't get £50 for in my neck of the woods

Comment

You were robbed
              Not at all. At the time of purchase, I could have sold the alloys alone for almost the entire cost of the car. Its value broken for spares has always been quite a bit more than I paid.

Not that I want to break it up - it's far too good a car for that

Comment

I never pay more than a grand for a car - So
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

that reminds me, why are there so many old bangers down sarf? I thought you were all loaded down here.
                  They are the nanny's or the maid's spare car's.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Oh dear
                    Excellent! My peugeot 406 is on its last legs - much much could I get an ESpace/Galaxy/similar for?

Comment

Working...
                    X