• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No let up in Doom till at least 2010

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No let up in Doom till at least 2010

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...eprices.crosby

The fallout from the credit crunch will make it difficult for would-be homeowners to obtain mortgages until at least 2010, according to a gloomy report commissioned by the Treasury from former HBOS chief executive Sir James Crosby.

So that's the housing market falling for 2 more years at least.

I reckon prices will halve from their peak.

Boomed!

I dont know what all the fuss is about. My fixed rate mortgage came to an end and the lender proposed a ridiculous rate. I said no and wnet to another lender who was only too happy to offer a mortgage at a better rate than I had.
    Considering I had been benched for 8 months it cant be that bad.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
      I dont know what all the fuss is about. My fixed rate mortgage came to an end and the lender proposed a ridiculous rate. I said no and wnet to another lender who was only too happy to offer a mortgage at a better rate than I had.
      Considering I had been benched for 8 months it cant be that bad.
      When was that? I think you'll find the pool of lenders has declined since then
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        When was that? I think you'll find the pool of lenders has declined since then
        agreed 6 weeks ago signed off this week.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          agreed 6 weeks ago signed off this week.
          Good work, TLG.

No-one is doubting the fact that it isn't great at the moment, but it is rarely/never as hideous as the sensationalist British press make it out to be.

Bless 'em.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

But in 2010 /11 prices are expected to climb 25 percent post the credit crunch... I am pocketing now and hoping to get me first 2 properties next year !!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...eprices.crosby

The fallout from the credit crunch will make it difficult for would-be homeowners to obtain mortgages until at least 2010, according to a gloomy report commissioned by the Treasury from former HBOS chief executive Sir James Crosby.

So that's the housing market falling for 2 more years at least.

I reckon prices will halve from their peak.

Boomed!

Extra gloom to pave the way for Gordo to announce his taxpayer bailout of banks and house builders. Buy bank shares now, BOOMED !

Comment

I'll see your doom and raise you 1:

UK mortgage slump set to continue until 2011

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle4421993.ece

The seizure in the UK mortgage market is set to continue until 2011, prompting a rise in repossessions, an influential review of the mortgage market said today.
                Bored.

Comment

I have to say this is the weirdest recession I've experienced. I was expecting to have been sacked by now, and yet everythuing just chugs on as normal.

I wanted some "forced time off"
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                    I'll see your doom and raise you 1:

UK mortgage slump set to continue until 2011

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle4421993.ece

The seizure in the UK mortgage market is set to continue until 2011, prompting a rise in repossessions, an influential review of the mortgage market said today.
                    And you the Beeb are reporting that house prices fell by... wait for it... 1% in June.
                    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Working...
                    X