• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Harperson for PM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harperson for PM

David Miliband and Harriet Harman are preparing the ground for a leadership election, Times Online can reveal.

Many in the Labour party now believe that a revolt against Gordon Brown is highly likely, with the probability that it will take place at the start of September.

A number of ministers are considering standing down in early Autumn, possibly refusing to serve in a Brown reshuffle, it was reported by The Times today

It is alleged that Ms Harman was spotted on Thursday night, watching the scale of Labour's defeat in the Glasgow East by-election on the television, telling aides "this is my moment". This comes despite public protestations of loyalty from Labour's deputy leader, who is "minding the shop" in Downing Street this week while Mr Brown is on holiday.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4423052.ece

Run for the Hills
    Bored.

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    This comes despite public protestations of loyalty from Labour's deputy leader, who is "minding the shop" in Downing Street this week while Mr Brown is on holiday. [/I]
    It has become fairly common during the Blair years that when NuLab say they support something, you know it's on the way out.
    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

What the papers don't say is that she was pictured holding one of these at the time.

http://www.thorntons.co.uk/Thorntons...anges/4429.htm

It's amazing how these things can be taken so easily out of context.

Comment

David Miliband and Harriet Harman are preparing the ground for a leadership election, Times Online can reveal.

Many in the Labour party now believe that a revolt against Gordon Brown is highly likely, with the probability that it will take place at the start of September.

A number of ministers are considering standing down in early Autumn, possibly refusing to serve in a Brown reshuffle, it was reported by The Times today

It is alleged that Ms Harman was spotted on Thursday night, watching the scale of Labour's defeat in the Glasgow East by-election on the television, telling aides "this is my moment". This comes despite public protestations of loyalty from Labour's deputy leader, who is "minding the shop" in Downing Street this week while Mr Brown is on holiday.

Run for the Hills

Hhahahah...... 'Things can only get worse........'

Comment

Run for the Hills
          I wouldn't worry about it; they're all as loathsome as each other, and they've got less than a year left to run.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

I watched Harman floundering on BBC news trying to justify why it's going to be OK in some circumstances for a woman to kill her husband.

A truly clueless feckwit... and a spike to be reserved
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Run for the Hills

Ha ha the only way this is her moment is if she defects to the Tories and gets selected for one of their many seats where a monkey in Blue Rosette would win. Even then I'd doubt her capability to get elected.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                I watched Harman floundering on BBC news trying to justify why it's going to be OK in some circumstances for a woman to kill her husband.

A truly clueless flipwit... and a spike to be reserved
                She's working on the legislation as we type. It won't just be OK, it'll be compulsary.
                She scares me, I sense an evil presence behind the mask of incompetent stupidity.
                Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post

A truly clueless flipwit... and a spike to be reserved
                  She's working on the legislation as we type. It won't just be OK, it'll be compulsary.
                  She scares me, I sense an evil presence behind the mask of incompetent stupidity.
                  If I were Mr. Harman, I'd be a worried man right now!
                  The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                    I wouldn't worry about it; they're all as loathsome as each other,
                    Agreed.
                    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                    and they've got less than a year left to run.
                    Technically they could wait until 2010.

Comment

Working...
                    X