• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First double arm transplant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First double arm transplant

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...operation.html

Surgeons have performed the world's first complete arm transplant, it was revealed today.

The procedure was carried out on a 54-year-old man who lost both limbs in a farming accident six years ago.

A 30-strong German surgical team attached the donor arms last Friday in an operation which lasted more than 16 hours.
    What do people think of this? Face transplants, arm transplants, etc?

Personally I can't see any 'arm in it.

Strange... it's in the Daily Mail, yet there's no mention of what his house is worth

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      The procedure was carried out on a 54-year-old man who lost both limbs in a farming accident six years ago.

Yes, I'm bored.
      Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Strange... it's in the Daily Mail, yet there's no mention of what his house is worth
        Probably cost him an arm and a, ummm... other arm.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Yes, for all we know he might be living in a cheap house or renting and be of a low social standing, in which case, what a waste of taxpayers money.

Comment

Will it feel like someone else is doing it when he "relaxes in a gentlemans way".
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
              Will it feel like someone else is doing it when he "relaxes in a gentlemans way".
              "It could be two years before the patient gets feeling in his fingertips."

So initially it would seem the answer is yes.

Comment

Plan B Idea! Gentleman's relaxation kits for amputees. I'm going to be rich.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Plan B Idea! Gentleman's relaxation kits for amputees. I'm going to be rich.
                  HAB, here's another one....

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    HAB, here's another one....
                    I am most deffo not a "brother". The kit would have a pair of inflatable hands - horny or smooth, your choice.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X