• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

whot's xlsx?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whot's xlsx?

Recieved a document in xlsx and it no open - what was wrong with xls,

why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

XLSX is M$ "Open" XML standard for spreadsheets.

Therefore only M$ Excel 2007 will open it.

Comment

MS Excel 2007.

Perhaps you need to upgrade?
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Whot's?

Whot Thu Phuk?

Comment

did you know Vista SP2.1/A4-S is available for download.

Using Office 2004 for Mac client has now sent me a xls file, opens fine -

MS - hear me raw - if it anit broke don't fix it
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            XLSX is M$ "Open" XML standard for spreadsheets.

Therefore only M$ Excel 2007 will open it.

Older versions can use the new file formats via a converter app or plugin or something... this might be the one.

Comment

It's XML innit. It solves* all file format compatibility problems between all applications.

*Yeah right.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                did you know Vista SP2.1/A4-S is available for download.

Using Office 2004 for Mac client has now sent me a xls file, opens fine -

MS - hear me raw - if it anit broke don't fix it
                There's also a converter for Office for OS X.

I think the problem was that everybody had been saying for years that MS Office file formats were broken, and Microsoft found that they were impossible to fix and had to start again

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  It's XML innit. It solves* all file format compatibility problems between all applications.

*Yeah right.
                  This is not just XML... this is MS XML

(In other words they managed to cock things up yet again...)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    There's also a converter for Office for OS X.

I think the problem was that everybody had been saying for years that MS Office file formats were broken, and Microsoft found that they were impossible to fix and had to start again
                    Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X