• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In memory of an old friend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In memory of an old friend

I heard the sad news this evening that one of my friends has passed away. Apparently he died of a heart attack after going scuba diving. He was a great guy and a good friend.

So I'm currently raising a glass or two to his memory. Here's to Stewart. Cheers!
    Last edited by Moose423956; 29 July 2008, 20:23.

... Wot the Giant Alien Lizard said

Comment

Really really sorry

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Condolences.
        Yeah whs

Comment

Think of the good times.

Take care.

Comment

Moose,

That's pretty tulip news.

Enjoy the toast to your friend and do a dive in his memory.

Comment

Thanks guys. Unfortunately, I've drunk a bit more than a couple of toasts, so I know I'll have a sore head tomorrow. But it's worth it. It's always good to remember someone with a hangover, and God knows I had a lot of them when I used to go out boozing with him back in the good old days in St Austell.

I was just reminiscing about those days, and I remembered that we used to call him "Shaky" because he looked a bit like Shaking Stevens. He hated that. And I remember the time when we were walking home from the pub, and he grabbed me and used me as a battering ram to force his way through a hedge that was blocking his path home. Bastard! And there was the time when he threw his telly out of the window into his front garden because he didn't like what was on. What a guy!

Life is much richer with people like him in it. He was only 48 when he died. When I think of all the scumbags that are around and who should be dead, it makes me realise how life is so unfair.

Sorry. I needed that.

Comment

Deepest sympathy mate to you, his family & friends.
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Sad news for sure.

Enjoy the thoughts of happier times as that's what's important.

Comment

Sorry to hear it. I hope I'm not being to forward in saying it is a good way to go, doing something you love.
                    Bored.

Comment

Working...
                    X