• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get some Nuts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get some Nuts

Mr T snickers ad, withdrawn as it is classed as Homophobic

Linky

Here's the advert
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Originally posted by Diver View Post

Linky

Here's the advert
    One wrote: 'As a (British) gay man myself, I am fed up with the ultra-politically correct stance of organisations such as yours seeking out homophobia in places where none clearly exists.

'Your entire approach actually damages the efforts of those of us who live in the real world to make any kind of headway in the fight against real homophobia - you know, the one that's responsible for people being kicked unconscious outside nightclubs, or driven to suicide through bullying.'

Another said: 'I'm gay and I found the ad hilarious. If you make the connection speed walking and homosexuality then you just perpetuating the stereotypes about gay men.

'And it sad to see that gay people start to take themselves too seriously, and why do Americans feel to complain on what's is on TV on this side of the pond?

'And why people haven't anything better to do in their life than sending complaint emails?'

Says it all really....

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post

Linky

Here's the advert
      "However, it prompted strong protests from the U.S. – even though it was never shown on American television". WTF.

They were concerned at a possible homophobic connection rather than Mr T firing a machine gun at members of the public. Americans

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        "However, it prompted strong protests from the U.S. – even though it was never shown on American television". WTF.

They were concerned at a possible homophobic connection rather than Mr T firing a machine gun at members of the public. Americans
        We are the 51st state
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I liked this bit...

When interiewed Mr T, who lives in a 4 bedroom detached property in Chiswick, West London, said his property is currently valued at £875,000, 6.4% lower than a year ago.
          Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

He didn't say "sucka" at the end of his quote.
            Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

I pity the fool that lives in Chiswick

Comment

I ain't got time for this jibba jabba.

Comment

WHAT YOU TALKIN' 'BOUT, WILLIS?!?

No, that isn't right...
                  Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                  X