• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Being an England cricket fan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being an England cricket fan

Is a frustrating business. Sometimes I wish I didn't follow it. Seems like they can't get through an innings without a collapse these days, even on the most tame of batting wickets. Grrrrrr. Pile of dung.
    We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
    - Douglas Adams

WTF ??? It was 41-0 when I last looked.

Comment

Strauss was waltzing along nicely then stood on his stumps. Vaughan was out next ball (another duck - obviously), and Pietersen played with usual impetuousness and made it to 4 before being given out caught (when he should have been given out lbw). What a shower.
      We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
      - Douglas Adams

Comment

Apparently Michael Vaughn has had wheels attached to the bottom of his bat to save him carrying it back and forth to the pavillion...

Comment

This summer must surely be Vaughan's last as captain now. He'll be lucky even if he manages to keep his place.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
            This summer must surely be Vaughan's last as captain now. He'll be lucky even if he manages to keep his place.
            Well he's not in the team for his batting at the moment!!!! Who would you make captain instead though? I think a batsman usually makes for a better captain, so that only really leaves strauss - and I don't think he's up to it, so its a tricky one. Maybe Ian Bell or Alistair Cook? not sure either could stand the pressure that goes with it though.
            - Douglas Adams

Comment

Anyone going to the Oval?.. care to join me in a chorus of;

The wheels on the bat go round and round, round and round..

Who will take his place?

Comment

Originally posted by LittlestHobbo View Post
                Anyone going to the Oval?.. care to join me in a chorus of;

The wheels on the bat go round and round, round and round..

Who will take his place?
                The umpire on the field says off you go, off you go, off you go ... All day long.

Comment

Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
                  Maybe Ian Bell or Alistair Cook?

Make Pieterson the captain.

Comment

No i think it has to be within the strict selection criteria of the surname being Vaughn.

Perhaps Jonny Vaughn

Comment

Working...
                    X