• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How does money travel from one country to another?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does money travel from one country to another?

If I ask my bank in the Cayman Islands to transfer $40M USD to my Swiss bank account, do the two banking system connect electronically or does someone at the sender banks just debit my account and someone in the receiver bank credit my account. i.e. is it manually done when the payment is international?

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    If I ask my bank in the Cayman Islands to transfer $40M USD to my Swiss bank account, do the two banking system connect electronically or does someone at the sender banks just debit my account and someone in the receiver bank credit my account. i.e. is it manually done when the payment is international?
    A bloke with a bag full of used notes wearing a sharp suit and sunglasses gets on a plane from the Cayman Islands.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Swindon high street
      £40
      Building Society
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Swindon high street
        £40
        Building Society

Comment

Do you care as long as the money arrives?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Do you care as long as the money arrives?
            No. Next.

Comment

Small amounts of money regularly travels in my pocket between countrys.

B00med!

Comment

<foogle>
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society...ecommunication
                </foogle>
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  one of the few companies on European soil that are exempt from EU data privacy laws. So the Yanks can spy on us to and decide if we are terrorists and block the transfer resulting in the money having being discounted from your account but not received in the receivers account.

Nice little outfit.

I recommend a roll of cash in a condom stuffed up your arse and your arse in a car across the border.
                  "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Cheers, that's what I was wanting to know.

Comment

Working...
                    X