• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Java and/or C#/.Net certification ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Java and/or C#/.Net certification ?

Has anybody recently got certified in either Java or C#/.Net ? I've read the various blurb on the web but wondered what recent experience anybody had and how much hastle it is. I've got a few years out of date C++ experience and am getting tempted by the big money my former colleagues appear to be on in the City.

.NET is too hard for C++ programmers. I would suggest Java, but 20th century technology is so, well 20th century.

HTDH

PS. Earning £800/day doing .NET is not all that anyway. Better to find happiness in art, love and poetry.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
      .NET is too hard for C++ programmers. I would suggest Java, but 20th century technology is so, well 20th century.
      Just wait until Spod sees that one...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
        Just wait until Spod sees that one...
        Device I/O Error... Spod = Churchill... Spod <> Churchill... System Shutdown...

ALGOL is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
          Device I/O Error... Spod = Churchill... Spod <> Churchill... System Shutdown...

ALGOL is the way to go.

Spod != Churchill

Churchill - in "Surely" mode!

Comment

I knew I should of put it on the Technical board but nobody reads it ! Both C# and Java are C++ for dummies but its the certfication bit I'm worried about.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall
              I knew I should of put it on the Technical board but nobody reads it ! Both C# and Java are C++ for dummies but its the certfication bit I'm worried about.
              I suggest you do the Sun Java certification, plus the Windows + Web forms + WebServices in C# towards the MCSD qualification. It's about 4 exams in total. But it's worth doing it. Then you have a wider background to start.

Those certifications are rather difficult and time consuming but in my opinion worth going for. They can become a bit easier if you get lots of sample exams (that for the ones I have mentioned are not to difficult to obtain).
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

feck me Franco, 'rather time consuming', where does having a life fit into the equation ?

if it's not .Net it ain't worth doing

.Net is the future !

and offers the highest paying contracts

and unlike that nonsense java doesn't give stack dumps all
                the time

Milan.

Comment

Best paid I know at the moment is doing Java !

I think its one or the other if I'm doing the exams.

Comment

This highest rates I have seen so far are for Biztalk 2004 contractors who know the product inside and backwards. £1K a day is not uncommon.

Comment

Working...
                    X