• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mileage Allowance - any planned increases

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mileage Allowance - any planned increases

Was going to post this in the Accounting section but I think its more of a general discussion.

With the cost of fuel rising sharply it seems that the 40p/25p mileage rate are out of date. 40p per mile is still ok but once you are past 10k miles the 25pence rate seems very low.

Anybody know what the price of fuel was when these rates were set originally?

yes
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by oxtailsoup View Post
      40p per mile is still ok but once you are past 10k miles the 25pence rate seems very low.
      I do so many miles on this contract that I'm already on the 25p rate :/
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

The rates haven't changed since 2002, when the UK average pump price of a litre of unleaded petrol was 74.6 pence.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Even 40p does not cover costs including repairs and depreciation.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Unleaded is down to 111.9p a litre round our way today.

Boomed!
            Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by oxtailsoup View Post
              With the cost of fuel rising sharply it seems that the 40p/25p mileage rate are out of date.
              Yes I expect the government are just about to raise this so that their tax take decreases and people like us in business on our own account get the full benefit of our valid expenses being wholly offset against tax as is right and proper thus allowing us to inwardly invest to further the success of uk plc.

I think you'll find that this is a labour government, it is far more likely they will abolish it and then be confused about how their tax take is down.

Comment

The govt keeps fudging the figures so that the cost of motoring is apparently lower now.

Is it bollocks.

Comment

40p?! how am I to keep the private jet in the air with that kind of money?
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by shoes View Post
                    Yes I expect the government are just about to raise this so that their tax take decreases and people like us in business on our own account get the full benefit of our valid expenses being wholly offset against tax as is right and proper thus allowing us to inwardly invest to further the success of uk plc.

I think you'll find that this is a labour government, it is far more likely they will abolish it and then be confused about how their tax take is down.

a government

Comment

Working...
                    X