• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Energy prices and the elderley

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Energy prices and the elderley

Hopefully this latest round of price hikes will persuade the wife's grandparents to turn their damn heating down to sub 30 degrees so I don't keel like passing out every time I'm in their houses.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Hopefully this latest round of price hikes will persuade the wife's grandparents to turn their damn heating down to sub 30 degrees so I don't keel like passing out every time I'm in their houses.
    Wifes grandparents? They must be knocking on a bit.

Comment

They last ages in that family. Her great-grandmother only passed away four years ago.
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Won't convince my wife though. Apparently I've to drive less, buy less, eat less, sleep less, work less...but make more. All so that the energy bill doesn't cut into her "happiness".

And in another bummer - I'd only just switched onto a cheaper tariff from BG!
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

EDF raised my mother's monthly electric charge to £70. For a nearly 90 year old living alone in a one bedroom bungalow! And she doesn't like being hot! I rang them and persuaded them to cut it to £60. Still bloody outrageous if you ask me.

God knows what it will go up to in the winter!

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
            They last ages in that family. Her great-grandmother only passed away four years ago.
            died

Comment

So the moral of the story seems to be....if you want to live to be 120, turn the heating up. http://forums.contractoruk.com/image.../extras/12.gif
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Voluntary Euthanasia is soon to be announced by the gov't, works a bit like voluntary redundency...cost savings all round, apparently you can outsource it to India and bundle it up as a life expectancy offset to Zimbabwae..

Comment

I haven't paid a gas bill for over a year since I'm still in credit from a £30 rebate I had then. Just wear a jumper indoors in Winter, big deal. A bit of cool is good for you and kills off indoor (and outdoor) bugs. Your asthma etc will go away. Sorted. You might get pneumonmia though.

Comment

I hope you all capped your tariffs last week as soon as the expected 65% price hikes were announced. Most of the cheap deals were pulled on Monday and Tuesday but there are a couple left.

Comment

Working...
                    X