• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Translation Please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Translation Please

I've just read this on a job spec...

You will have the ability to maintain high productivity in a pressurised working environment

Does this mean "you will be working with a bunch of w@nkers and will need to be able to put up with an awful lot of tulip. As the new boy, everything will of course be your fault"?

Originally posted by Malingering BA View Post

You will have the ability to maintain high productivity in a pressurised working environment

Does this mean "you will be working with a bunch of w@nkers and will need to be able to put up with an awful lot of tulip. As the new boy, everything will of course be your fault"?

It's all going to tulip and we need someone to fix it pronto. If you can't we'll blame you for the fact it went wrong in the first place.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

It means "the previous incumbent ran off screaming after weeks of having tulip heaped on them and was never heard from again - we want someone a bit less nancy this time round."

Comment

I would go with "you will be working with a bunch of w@nkers who will try to fob off as much of the donkey work in your direction as possible whilst trying to stab you in the back to look good for the 'boss"

Comment

Sounds like the sort of gig where you might be able to swing a massive rate, i.e. the client is truly in the tulip and the mood is

Comment

It also means " avoid avoid avoid"

Comment

Hm. 1st line support, including overnighters. You'll hear "Just f*****g do it now" a lot.

Comment

Some good translations to choose from there. Now what if I were to say that the quoted rate was a slimline £330/day for a city based investment jobbie?

Having a larf? Looking for some mug to blame?

Comment

or that they've completly f*cked it up, the crap is flying everywhere best not touch it with yours..

oh yes they will definatly be a bunch of w@nkers but they'll claim its the company and workload thats made them that way...

Comment

Some good translations to choose from there. Now what if I were to say that the quoted rate was a slimline £330/day for a city based investment jobbie?

Having a larf? Looking for some mug to blame?
                    In that case I would go with Moorfields answer ^^^

Comment

Working...
                    X