• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wonder who's fault that was then....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder who's fault that was then....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/7534912.stm

Bus crash, involving Porsche

Bus driver. Porsche drivers are never to blame. I wonder how much his house is worth?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Bus driver. Porsche drivers are never to blame. I wonder how much his house is worth?
      Probably still less than the car
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        Probably still less than the car
        The bus is worth more than both of them.

Comment

Why do they always say things like, "Everyone involved today has been incredibly lucky" in these sort of cases?

Yeah, it really takes an incredible amount of luck to happen to be driving along in an open topped bus when it's involved in an accident and topples over on its side spilling bodies all over the place! I wish I was that lucky.

There were people the other day saying how lucky they were to have been on a Jumbo jet which had a hole the size of a Transit van blown in its side by an exploding oxygen cylinder. Jammy bastards, eh.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
            Why do they always say things like, "Everyone involved today has been incredibly lucky" in these sort of cases?

Yeah, it really takes an incredible amount of luck to happen to be driving along in an open topped bus when it's involved in an accident and topples over on its side spilling bodies all over the place! I wish I was that lucky.

There were people the other day saying how lucky they were to have been on a Jumbo jet which had a hole the size of a Transit van blown in its side by an exploding oxygen cylinder. Jammy bastards, eh.
            Ah, the words of the naive who've never heard the word "compensation".

The full phrase is actually "I'm so lucky I was on an aircraft that had a hole in it, didn't die and now have the opportunity to fleece the airline for causing anguish and endangering my life, oh the nightmares of the flight oh lordy lordy, mumble mumble and such like; where's my cash?"
            B00med!

Comment

Well it wasn't Herr Schumacher. He was too busy driving into a gate.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post

I guess this chap didn't have the luck - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7535840.stm

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
                  Ah, the words of the naive who've never heard the word "compensation".

The full phrase is actually "I'm so lucky I was on an aircraft that had a hole in it, didn't die and now have the opportunity to fleece the airline for causing anguish and endangering my life, oh the nightmares of the flight oh lordy lordy, mumble mumble and such like; where's my cash?"
                  I'm not sure of the truth of the following statement but I've heard it said that airlines receive few complaints from passengers after fatal crashes. By which I assume this includes complaints from survivors. People complain more about lost baggage, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Golf driver to blame. Porsche drivers all have divine driving skills.
                    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
                    X