• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sorted out my house dilemma....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorted out my house dilemma....

As my mortgage is just 30% of the house value, I am going to get a second mortgage on the house I want, pay interest only on both, rent my house out, then, sell when things are more stable in however many years this takes.

My logic is that people want to buy, or, rent. As they are not buying just now, there are more people wanting to rent than there are houses available for rent.

Sounds too simple, but, AIP with the RBS all in hand.....

Second viewing on Saturday, so, we will see how things go!

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    As my mortgage is just 30% of the house value, I am going to get a second mortgage on the house I want, pay interest only on both, rent my house out, then, sell when things are more stable in however many years this takes.

My logic is that people want to buy, or, rent. As they are not buying just now, there are more people wanting to rent than there are houses available for rent.

<< canned laughter >>

Comment

Yawn
      Still Invoicing

Comment

.....My logic .....
        << canned laughter >>

Comment

don't you think it's time to give up on this one now SAS?
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

!
            Not round where I'm now working there isn't. Many flats that were available when I looked 10 weeks ago are still available.

2 completely new blocks have recently come on the market, each flat through a diffeerent agent. Presumably they thought they they would struggle to sell so are trying to rent instead.

I'm wondering if they will go when the student intake arrives in September (but they're not really in the catchment area for the Poly, um Uni!)

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
              Not round where I'm now working there isn't. Many flats that were available when I looked 10 weeks ago are still available.

2 completely new blocks have recently come on the market, each flat through a diffeerent agent. Presumably they thought they they would struggle to sell so are trying to rent instead.

I'm wondering if they will go when the student intake arrives in September (but they're not really in the catchment area for the Poly, um Uni!)

tim

Okay, so, if people are not buying, and they are not renting, where are people living?? People need somewhere to live.....

Comment

Okay, so, if people are not buying, and they are not renting, where are people living?? People need somewhere to live.....
                Opposite you, spending all their waking hours trying to work out more devious ways to annoy and intimidate you..........
                Still Invoicing

Comment

Isn't about time you FOAD?

Comment

They're living where they were living this time last year before the general public started hearing about a housing boom coming to an end. A whole load of new people haven't just appeared you know.

In fact lots of economic immigrants are going home.

People who are not accepting the market has changed and are 'waiting it out' by renting their properties out instead are increasing the supply of available rental property. This will decrease rents as they compete for increasingly cash strapped tenants. This in turn will move the point at which buying becomes cheaper than renting further down, amusingly contributing to making the house they can't sell yet fall further in value.

But you hang in there and make that latest in many shrewd moves. I'd have some sympathy for your deranged state were you not fictional.

Comment

Working...
                    X