• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sometimes, life is pretty tulipty.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes, life is pretty tulipty.

Just want to preface ths one.

I'm generally speaking a pretty positive person in life. Happily married, two kids blah blah. By no way am I looking for any kind of sympathy, so **** of if that's the intepretation of this post, equally **** off with the bagging. Not the place either.

I'm just freeflowing, and somehow this is a a place I can speak about some tulip in life that's somehow harder to talk about with colleagues, or mates.

Anyway my wife just found out her best mate (And someone I'm known for years before she met her) has inoperable cancer, and has maybe a year to live - three at best.

Just ****ed to be honest. Gobsmacked. Same age as me. ****ed.

Been a very age type of confronting year - a colleague commited suicide at xmas, has three kids. Talked about that here before.

Three weeks ago guy I play football with went missing, he was heavily in debt, and is bi-polar (Didn't know that untiil he went missing) and walked out of his house, no wallet; jeans and t-shirt and left his wife in limbo (He's got 20+ BTL's - think it's all gone very tits up), 4 kids. Police helicopters, missing posters aroud his area etc.

On the weekend one of my best mates just found out he's got a heart defect - on pills for three months, and if that's not working then it's open heart surgery. Just got a new baby, couple of years older than me.

This getting older business is pish.

Sorry, just wanted to let it out. Not a sympathy fishing trip so drop it before it starts.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Originally posted by snaw View Post

Ain't that the truth. I could add a few tales of my own - but what's the point. I do (I think) totally understand your point about posting it on here though.

Comment

hey snaw, nowt wrong with getting a bit shaken up by that kind of news.

At least (& it's a tiny silver lining in a big bastard of a cloud) your friend has a bit of warning and has time to set things in order and make peace before she moves on. Not everybody gets that as you must know well enough.

Strength, buddy,

tl

Comment

Life is tulip sometimes sweetheart!!

Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Yes life is tragic and these shock facts put into perspective the petty squabbling that takes place in the office and the robot almost trivial pointlessness of our lives.

Right I'm off to pee in the tea mug belonging to my boss; sometimes there are good reasons for living !

Comment

I'm generally speaking a pretty positive person in life. Happily married, two kids blah blah. By no way am I looking for any kind of sympathy, so **** of if that's the intepretation of this post, equally **** off with the bagging. Not the place either.

I'm just freeflowing, and somehow this is a a place I can speak about some tulip in life that's somehow harder to talk about with colleagues, or mates.

Anyway my wife just found out her best mate (And someone I'm known for years before she met her) has inoperable cancer, and has maybe a year to live - three at best.

Been a very age type of confronting year - a colleague commited suicide at xmas, has three kids. Talked about that here before.

Three weeks ago guy I play football with went missing, he was heavily in debt, and is bi-polar (Didn't know that untiil he went missing) and walked out of his house, no wallet; jeans and t-shirt and left his wife in limbo (He's got 20+ BTL's - think it's all gone very tits up), 4 kids. Police helicopters, missing posters aroud his area etc.

On the weekend one of my best mates just found out he's got a heart defect - on pills for three months, and if that's not working then it's open heart surgery. Just got a new baby, couple of years older than me.

Sorry, just wanted to let it out. Not a sympathy fishing trip so drop it before it starts.
            It's Groundhog dayDid he misplace a kid btw?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Do the only sensible thing. Blame the government.

Hope things get better for you.

Comment

"Munchausen syndrome is a psychiatric disorder in which those affected fake disease, illness, or psychological trauma in order to draw attention or sympathy to themselves"

HTH
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Snaw,

Nothing I say can really help but remember that times like these show you how important it is to live life as if every day is your last.

Sorry about the bad news.

Comment

Snaw, most people have stories like that, unfortunately that is life, bad sh1t happens to good people and vice versa, you just have to accept it and support those who lose out and otherwise do the best for you and yours.
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X