• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just for the sake of balance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for the sake of balance

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-make-pay.html

Evil mother who killed son, 5, to spite her ex left note saying: 'I told you I would make you pay'

I remember the howls of derision a few weeks ago when a man killed his children - quite a few by people who had not even suffered the misery of being denied access to their children so have no concept of what it is like. No doubt the same people will be queueing up to condemn this woman?

Oh - its all the man's fault is it? thought so - it always is.

And another thing - "Coroner Robin Balmain described the case as the most distressing he had ever dealt with in 25 years of inquests. 'I can't imagine something quite so evil as a mother who is prepared to do that.' ". It is that sort of sexist nonsense that perpetuates the myth that moithers look after children. Replace mother with parent and I would have been happy.

And yet another thing - around 70 children a year are murdered. 50% by mother, 25% by dad and 25% by Mum's new partner. Very rare for stranger to be involved. But statistically the safest place for a child is with dad.

PS Apologies for quoting the daily mail - it was in the telegraph paper edition but not online. I expect to receive huge amounts of abuse for this.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    And yet another thing - around 70 children a year are murdered. 50% by mother, 25% by dad and 25% by Mum's new partner...But statistically the safest place for a child is with dad.
    Not necessairily, it may just indictate that more kids are kept by Mum than Dad. The only reason I spotted this alternate and probably more accurate interpretation of that statistic is because from an evolutionary perspective I would have expected to see less women to kill kids because their investment in a child (in its early years) has been greater.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Not necessairily, it may just indictate that more kids are kept by Mum than Dad. The only reason I spotted this alternate and probably more accurate interpretation of that statistic is because from an evolutionary perspective I would have expected to see less women to kill kids because their investment in a child (in its early years) has been greater.
      fewer

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        fewer
        Thank you. Keep up the good work!

Comment

No mention of how much her house was worth though. What is the Daily Mail comming to?
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            What is the Daily Mail comming to?
            A head?

Comment

Then there is this one today:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7536893.stm

Originally posted by BBC News
              Ms Ardis faces two counts of trying to conceal the births of the babies by secretly disposing of them between 1 July and 11 August 2005 and 5 June and 6 June 2008.

She is also accused of preventing the decent burial of the babies' bodies.

Why not murder?
              Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
                Then there is this one today:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7536893.stm

Why not murder?
                It does not say if she killed them or they died naturally. Or am I missing something?

Comment

It does not say if she killed them or they died naturally. Or am I missing something?
                  this bit of the quote:

"trying to conceal the births of the babies by secretly disposing of them"

She tried to conceal the birth by disposing of the babies, not the deaths.

Edit:
                  Although this is BBC news and I may just be reading too much into it...
                  Still Invoicing

Comment

And yet another thing - around 70 children a year are murdered. 50% by mother, 25% by dad and 25% by Mum's new partner. Very rare for stranger to be involved. But statistically the safest place for a child is with dad.
                    On those stats, safest to leave them with a complete stranger.

Comment

Working...
                    X