• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The whole world naked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whole world naked

Phwoarrrrrrrrr!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...laid-bare.html

Here is what Earth looks like from 1,000,000 km away:

Comment

Don't wish to blow my own trumpet, but there may be a small part of Sweden on this globe that was mapped by yours truly. The geology of the area in question was originally thought to have been a deep sea deposit, but I found a conglomerate there, which could only have been left in a river valley environment (flash floods and all that). My research on the area was published by my tutor as proof of that particular theory.

I know, I know, it was controversial. But you have to tell the truth sometimes, however upsetting it might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
        Don't wish to blow my own trumpet, but there may be a small part of Sweden on this globe that was mapped by yours truly. The geology of the area in question was originally thought to have been a deep sea deposit, but I found a conglomerate there, which could only have been left in a river valley environment (flash floods and all that). My research on the area was published by my tutor as proof of that particular theory.

I know, I know, it was controversial. But you have to tell the truth sometimes, however upsetting it might be.
        I'm quite proud of the fjords around Norway.

You took geology? Got any cool geology facts to share?

Comment

Working...
        X