• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

assassinated by Scotland yard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

assassinated by Scotland yard

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4161572.stm

Which is worse: the occasional person being killed by accident or larger numbers of people being killed deliberately?
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Is Tony Blair is turning into an embryo Saddam Hussein?

The need to do something about terrorism - shoot first ask questions later - lie about how the killings happened - justify them as the fight against terrorism.

Except Saddam Hussein was very efficient at it.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        Which is worse: the occasional person being killed by accident or larger numbers of people being killed deliberately?
        In what sense was this person accidentally killed?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          Except Saddam Hussein was very efficient at it.
          Well, Tony Blair is hardly at fault for this shooting in principle, but he is clearly at fault by making this country primary target for wanna be terrorists.

The truth should come out in the investigation -- its not the case when the only witnesses are 2 officers who shot the guy, in this case plenty of evidence is available to make good judgement.

Sadly I have to admit that it seems that initial reports of the guy's behavior were incorrect and new details appear to me that a serious mistake was made on police's behalf.

Comment

I was using the word accident in is older form, i.e. when two cars collide at a cross roads it is called "an accident".
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by planetit
              In what sense was this person accidentally killed?
              Mistaken identity as it appears - counts as a tragic accident to me, this is certainly not an assassionation as that requires premiditated plan and it will have to be proved that the police knew that they wanted to target exactly that guy with that name despite the fact that he was innocent.

Comment

feck's sake the arm chair lawyers are at it again

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                  feck's sake the arm chair lawyers are at it again
                  Practice makes perfect Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Makes a change from the armchair soldiers, sailors, airmen, and theologians though, Milan.
                    Milan can't get out from his programmers armchair

Comment

Working...
                    X