• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kids ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids ...

... actually, advice on terrible-two's ...

Got a 2 year old boy who's very, very strong-willed, who don't listen. He recently started hitting me! How do I handle him, it's doing my head in ...

four inches of barbed wire up the rectum, works every time

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Oops, just read Snaw's post ... get a grip bobsmithldn ...

How do I delete this post?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        four inches of barbed wire up the rectum, works every time

Maybe new parenthood and lack of sleep has made me a tad sensitive. But is there really a need for this? Even with

As for the original question, no idea but Ill look forward to it. Must be better than the near complete absence of sleep that I currently enjoy. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bobsmithldn View Post
          Oops, just read Snaw's post ... get a grip bobsmithldn ...

How do I delete this post?
          Test please delete
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Naughty corner/step/bedroom/whatever the second he does it, and leave him there on his own for two minutes. Really two minutes, not just 30 seonds or so.

Terribble two's are called terrible for a reason, he'll grow out of it eventually but you do need to be very firm in dealing with it before it becomes a habit.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by bobsmithldn View Post
              ... actually, advice on terrible-two's ...

Got a 2 year old boy who's very, very strong-willed, who don't listen. He recently started hitting me! How do I handle him, it's doing my head in ...
              You have to ask until you get the advice you want to hear!

IMO kids always push to the limit and then just a bit beyond. so best to set the limit low. you must be firm and consistent - important that both parents agree. Violence only encourages violence - so the naughty step is your best option. remember time passes slowly for kids - even 5 minutes is a long time. make it too long and you will get resentment.

at the end of the day kids do want to please you so denying them of your attention is the most effective.

We also get the same problem from eldest son (aged 6) - and not even the above helps! We are getting him assessed for asbergers on 12th August...

No doubt you will get the reply "well done for breeding the next generation of scum" - just ignore them. This is general after all.

The very best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Maybe new parenthood and lack of sleep has made me a tad sensitive. But is there really a need for this? Even with

As for the original question, no idea but Ill look forward to it. Must be better than the near complete absence of sleep that I currently enjoy. Good luck.
                oops, sorry Old Greg, thought I was responding to the post on how to get information quickly out of Afgan prisoners.

how to control two year olds ? mmmm 3 inches should do the trick

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  You have to ask until you get the advice you want to hear!

IMO kids always push to the limit and then just a bit beyond. so best to set the limit low. you must be firm and consistent - important that both parents agree. Violence only encourages violence - so the naughty step is your best option. remember time passes slowly for kids - even 5 minutes is a long time. make it too long and you will get resentment.

at the end of the day kids do want to please you so denying them of your attention is the most effective.

We also get the same problem from eldest son (aged 6) - and not even the above helps! We are getting him assessed for asbergers on 12th August...

No doubt you will get the reply "well done for breeding the next generation of scum" - just ignore them. This is general after all.

The very best of luck
                  WHS, as a rule of thumb 1 minute on their own per year of age is about right till they hit 7 or 8.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    WHS, as a rule of thumb 1 minute on their own per year of age is about right till they hit 7 or 8.
                    What happens at 7 or 8? Is it pocket money withholding? Or do I seek from EO?

Comment

Working...
                    X