• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

at last, a single place for social information

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at last, a single place for social information

Came across an article in the Telegraph saying there was a website called www.zubedpi.com which currently maps all the crime data for London. Apparently it is going to use the same format for show all of UK, and will add things such as mapping all schools with a breakdown of their official key stage reports. There is also going to things such as hospital, GP, dentist data etc.

Worth a look because it could be a really cool site particularly as it grows.

BADGER:

oooohhhh That's good

Comment

Boring stats can be sorta fascinating, sometimes because our minds see correlations we are not supposed to mention.

This is good too. It seems that the UK tops the kidnapping chart. Never would have thought that.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by macca1971 View Post
        Came across an article in the Telegraph saying there was a website called www.zubedpi.com which currently maps all the crime data for London. Apparently it is going to use the same format for show all of UK, and will add things such as mapping all schools with a breakdown of their official key stage reports. There is also going to things such as hospital, GP, dentist data etc.

Worth a look because it could be a really cool site particularly as it grows.

BADGER:
        Be even more useful if you could overlay the ethnic make-up of the area with the crime stats
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I would assume that all the crime is in areas that vote Labour.

Comment

Does anyone know where they get the data from?

Comment

It says on the site that it is Met Police data, so looks like it isn't Government generated statistics.

Comment

I believe the information is live data from the Metropolitan Police. Looking at the information though I need to get out of Maida Vale and quick!!!!

Comment

Just wondered...the ONS usually supply a lot of this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by macca1971 View Post
                    I believe the information is live data from the Metropolitan Police. Looking at the information though I need to get out of Maida Vale and quick!!!!
                    well if that is the case I have a higher chance of being stabbed, raped and kidnapped when I leave my house in Wimbledon then if I lived in Brixton

Comment

Working...
                    X