• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prince2 Practitioner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prince2 Practitioner

I just sat one of the most challenging exams in my post uni life.

Gee it's tough - all that paper flying around for the case study, all the supplementary info sheets, all the tabs in the cruddy Prince2 manual. And that's before you even look at the questions!

I hope I've passed I don't fancy sitting that again!

Are you joking? Prince 2 Prac exam is easy! Its open book FFS! Find appropiate page and copy bullet point style.

Module 4 of the Freight CPC now thats a bitch of a exam.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      Are you joking? Prince 2 Prac exam is easy! Its open book FFS! Find appropiate page and copy bullet point style.
      Agreed. My housewife glossed over the material over a weekend and passed no problem.

Comment

Prince 2 = common sense in a 1990s sort of way.

Who does it that way now anyway? Extreme programming, SCRUM, agile methods, that's the way to get results.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          Agreed. My housewife glossed over the material over a weekend and passed no problem.
          Hmm, interesting way to describe your wife. Got any more wives doing other types of jobs?

Comment

Originally posted by Malingering BA View Post
            Who does it that way now anyway?
            Practically every project I have worked on in the last 5 years which is about 25 of them have used it or a customised derivative of it.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Hmm, interesting way to describe your wife. Got any more wives doing other types of jobs?
              Was alluding to the fact that she passed the exam and then decided that 'working wasn't what she wanted to do with her life'. Having kids is hardly an excuse imho...

This is intended as a light-hearted throw away comment and does not represent my true feelings

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                Practically every project I have worked on in the last 5 years which is about 25 of them have used it or a customised derivative of it.
                Yeah, but do they really use Prince or just say they do? I've worked on plenty of projects where they say they use Prince but really it's JFDI development.

Comment

Originally posted by Malingering BA View Post
                  Yeah, but do they really use Prince or just say they do? I've worked on plenty of projects where they say they use Prince but really it's JFDI development.
                  Varies I guess. Some just pick and choose the elements that suits them, others use all of it and the majority as you say just say they do.

Comment

Well done. I'm sure there's a place for you in some god awful public sector hellhole that insists on "following the book" to the letter.

Comment

Working...
                    X