• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trolls amongst us ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trolls amongst us ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/03/ma...olls-t.html?hp

Interesting article - we think ours are bad, some of these guys take the biscuit.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/03/ma...olls-t.html?hp

Interesting article - we think ours are bad, some of these guys take the biscuit.
    Only read the first 2 pages of that article. Most of that stuff seems extremely malicious as opposed to a bit of joshing that goes on here most of the time.

Comment

Yeah, can we have a summary - only managed 1 page.

Comment

"You must be a registered member of NYTimes.com".

Ho hum

Comment

It's a post-modernistic article. The reporter is himself being trolled by these people who attempt to make themselves seem interesting by trolling others for no other reason than to make up for their own insecurities. But are we being trolled by the article itself.....?

etc....
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Bag of tulip. Maybe we should 'troll' these tossers. I bet they can't take what they dish out...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

some pseudo journey trying to write history of trolling and making it interesting by using some real people. Most likely 100% inaccurate.
              "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Bag of tulip. Maybe we should 'troll' these tossers. I bet they can't take what they dish out...
                Summer Holiday
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

A summary for those who can't be bothered to read even page 1..

One afternoon in the spring of 2006, Mitchell Henderson, a seventh grader from Rochester, Minn., took a .22-caliber rifle and shot himself in the head..

His classmates created a virtual memorial on MySpace and garlanded it with remembrances. One wrote that Mitchell was “an hero to take that shot” Someone e-mailed a clipping of Mitchell’s newspaper obituary to MyDeathSpace.com, a Web site that links to the MySpace pages of the dead. From MyDeathSpace, Mitchell’s page came to the attention of an Internet message board known as /b/ and the “trolls,” as they have come to be called, who dwell there…

Something about Mitchell Henderson struck the denizens of /b/ as funny.[. They were especially amused by a reference on his MySpace page to a lost iPod. Mitchell Henderson, /b/ decided, had killed himself over a lost iPod..
                  Someone hacked Henderson’s MySpace page and gave him the face of a zombie. Someone placed an iPod on Henderson’s grave, took a picture and posted it to /b/. ..

The phone began ringing at Mitchell’s parents’ home. “It sounded like kids,” remembers Mitchell’s father. “They’d say, ‘Hi, this is Mitchell, I’m at the cemetery.’ ‘Hi, I’ve got Mitchell’s iPod.’ ‘Hi, I’m Mitchell’s ghost, the front door is locked. Can you come down and let me in?’ ” He sighed. “It really got to my wife.” The calls continued for a year and a half."

I think that's far beyond anything you'd see here..
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Bring it on Porky
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X