• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Odeon v Ryanair

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odeon v Ryanair

I bought 2 tickets for the odeon tonight costing £16:50

Just before hand I bought a return flight to Bournemouth from Edinburgh costing £2 flights + £28 in taxes = £30

I so would have failed economics at school if I'd taken it...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

You went to Boremouth to go to the cinema? Was there nothing on in Edinburgh?

Comment

You got a return to Bournemouth?

I thought that people only went there to retire. One-way only is required.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post

10 years ago yes. these days it seems to be quite a party venue. I read it somewhere - obviously I am far too old for partying.

Comment

It's all connected with supply and demand

There are plenty of empty seats flying out of Edinburgh to Bournemouth hence the lower price (supply-side factor). Simultaneously, there is little demand for the flights. The equilibrium price of £2 reflects this supply-demand situation. The £28 taxes distort this.

Odeon change their prices to reflect demand also. Hence it is more expensive to visit at weekends and evenings. Perhaps if you bought two tickets for a Monday evening it would have been half the price you paid.

Comment

Originally posted by HermanDune View Post
            There are plenty of empty seats flying out of Edinburgh to Bournemouth hence the lower price (supply-side factor). Simultaneously, there is little demand for the flights. The equilibrium price of £2 reflects this supply-demand situation. The £28 taxes distort this.

Odeon change their prices to reflect demand also. Hence it is more expensive to visit at weekends and evenings. Perhaps if you bought two tickets for a Monday evening it would have been half the price you paid.
            I think I understand that. So I should charge my client £50 on Monday £800 Tuesday to Thursday £80 on Friday. Any work after 6pm is off peak and is charged a £2.

If I work fork Ryanair; I should charge £2, plus extra £200 if they want me to use my brain plus Taxes £180, plus insurance £30.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post

Ja, return flight. Lot of opportunities in area.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                You went to Boremouth to go to the cinema? Was there nothing on in Edinburgh?
                mmm it was raining...

Comment

There are plenty of empty seats flying out of Edinburgh to Bournemouth hence the lower price (supply-side factor).
                  You'd think flying down there 2 times a day was a little over the top then. I reckon the route is going to get real strong in the future. Flybe knocked BA out of Southampton, my original choice, but the £320 return flight put me off against the £32 return to Bournemouth.

Comment

Went to see 'the dark knight' awesome movie so many twists, best movie I've seen this year.

Comment

Working...
                    X