• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car leasing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car leasing

Hi
    I've been advised that car leasing through company is not worth it due to the extra taxes more then cancelling out what you would save on VAT etc.

Now that I've had to sell my car following a huge MOT failure I'm car-less and am looking to possibly lease, although I could live without a car.

As I've passed the 2 year on-site time limit does this mean I can't claim train fares to site also, or does the 2 year thing relate only to mileage...?

and if any of you guys lease cars any advice on where to lease from, cars, prices would be appreciated

2 year ruls covers all expenses related to a temporary workplace.
    Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
      2 year ruls covers all expenses related to a temporary workplace.
      that sucks

Comment

Close your current ltd co and create a new one. You can then claim expenses for another 2 years.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          Close your current ltd co and create a new one. You can then claim expenses for another 2 years.
          That is not the case. The 2 year rule is a personal/geographical thing. If you lived in say Leeds and worked in the City of London for 10 years for a succession of companies you could only claim for the first 2 years (or when you first knew you would be at a location for more than 2 years).

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
            That is not the case. The 2 year rule is a personal/geographical thing. If you lived in say Leeds and worked in the City of London for 10 years for a succession of companies you could only claim for the first 2 years (or when you first knew you would be at a location for more than 2 years).
            My chartered accountants have advised this course of action to me as I've been snared by the 2 year rule. And they're no arsewipe company either.

Of course they may be going with the hope that HMRC dont look too closely at the certified accounts.

Its a ballache closing one company, starting another, closing one bank account and opening another etc but if you want the dosh, gotta have a little pain.

So there!

Comment

Oh and you can continue to claim the VAT element on your fuel even if caught by the 2 year rule providing you pay VAT. But then again, who doesnt?

Comment

Hmm I'd be careful of that, isn't that similar to the old "If I change umbrella company will the 2 year rule reset?"...
                The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Oh and you can continue to claim the VAT element on your fuel even if caught by the 2 year rule providing you pay VAT. But then again, who doesnt?
                  that's not what I was advised

Comment

My chartered accountants have advised this course of action to me as I've been snared by the 2 year rule. And they're no arsewipe company either.

Of course they may be going with the hope that HMRC dont look too closely at the certified accounts.

Its a ballache closing one company, starting another, closing one bank account and opening another etc but if you want the dosh, gotta have a little pain.

So there!
                    Your chartered accountants that are no arsewipe company are wrong.

So there!
                    Still Invoicing

Comment

Working...
                    X