• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A REAL Optical Illusion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A REAL Optical Illusion

Last edited by Fortune Green; 3 June 2012, 17:22.

This is an illusion that has been around for a while, but never ceases to fascinate. Relax and concentrate on the four small dots in the middle of the picture for about 30 to 40 seconds. Then take a look at a wall near you, or any smooth, single colored surface. You will see a circle of light form. Blink your eyes a couple of times and a figure will begin to emerge.

What do you see?

Last edited by Chico; 18 August 2005, 22:01.
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Done this one in the style of "Bob The Crate" a few months ago on an email. Laserprint it out and you will see they are the same.

Had a mate of mine who was ex-Cambridge, very intelligent in finance, convinced they were different until I made him print it out AND cut out the squares individually.

Man, he was quiet after that!!!
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
        This is an illusion that has been around for a while, but never ceases to fascinate. Relax and concentrate on the four small dots in the middle of the picture for about 30 to 40 seconds. Then take a look at a wall near you, or any smooth, single colored surface. You will see a circle of light form. Blink your eyes a couple of times and a figure will begin to emerge.

What do you see?
        Fc uk me, it's my gardener!
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
          What do you see?
          Originally posted by HyperD
          Fc uk me, it's my gardener!
          Well done Chico, I guess that proves the existence of HyperD's gardener.

Comment

I like the one with the revolving circles, does anyone have a link to that.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

You mean this one where you rock your head back and forth?
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Or here where there's a whole variety.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                  That's the one! Had a copy a while back. An absolute corker, it even works if you print it out. (Especially vomit inducing when set as wallpaper.)

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                    Thats the one thanks. Had that printed out and pinned behind my desk for ages (multiple copies) used to send people daft when they came to talk to me.

And before you start....it was the picture that sent them daft.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X