• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working from home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working from home

I don't mean in the mordac (paper MCSE) cooking and cleaning, while their lass earns a better rate as a dinner lady, type work.

Anyone do it?

Yes, Indians.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

You're a neo-nazi and I claim my £5

Comment

Originally posted by DGK View Post
        You're a neo-nazi and I claim my £5
        And you're a twunt but I ain't complaining.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Anyone do it?
          Yes, best move I ever made.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

how many w@nks per day would you say you have, working from home?

Comment

how many w@nks per day would you say you have, working from home?
              First I would say it is your skill set, usually the client has you working on-site. Then you say you would like to work from home or client is moving and you don't want to move. If they had a hard time finding you or can't replace you they may accept you working from home, with no drop in current rate. I have just done a deal to be on site 1 week in 4 six months of the year ( I hate the winter in UK).

Finding a job that starts working from home on a good rate is difficult.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                First I would say it is your skill set, usually the client has you working on-site. Then you say you would like to work from home or client is moving and you don't want to move. If they had a hard time finding you or can't replace you they may accept you working from home, with no drop in current rate. I have just done a deal to be on site 1 week in 4 six months of the year ( I hate the winter in UK).

Finding a job that starts working from home on a good rate is difficult.
                Did you read the question at all

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  Did you read the question at all
                  What he wanted to know was how much you could earn working from home. I was saying the market has two levels. Rate depends what level you are on.
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

At Previous Client Co. I used to do 3 days on site, 2 at home. I have to admit there were some "working at home" days where I did very little, but I generally made up for it for working harder on the on site days (you may as well when you have little else to do), so they weren't short changed. I negotiated that at the time they offered me the first extension.

I've been at home full time for 3 months now, some of it for a new contract that has gone south, and some working on the plan B. In that case it was a new start up that hadn't sorted out an office yet, so I would have had to go on site for a couple of days a week at least.

I suspect the next contract will be 5 days on site, at least to start with. So I'll have to get used to commuting again and having to do everything at the weekend as I'm out the house all week. Would be nice to be around human beings again though (and CUK doesn't count).
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X