• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thatcher's legacy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thatcher's legacy

Too many bankers and not enough wealth

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...lth/article.do
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

What a difference a year makes. House prices, the economy, the availability of mortgages, and Gordon Brown's ratings have all plummeted - and with them retail sales, house building and consumer and business confidence. Even the Poles are going home.
    See! There's always an upside
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Too many bankers and not enough wealth

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...lth/article.do
      Too many banker on CUK too.

Comment

I liked the poles. Who's going to fix my bathroom and kitchen to immaculate standards in 2 days for a fiver now, eh?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Too many banker on CUK too.
          W

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            I liked the poles. Who's going to fix my bathroom and kitchen to immaculate standards in 2 days for a fiver now, eh?
            You have a bathroom in that little caravan

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Gosh.

Do you mean that actually making things might be a good idea?

Nah.

Impossible.
              Wot we need is one of those Industrial revolution thingies like wot we had before, innit

Comment

I find it amazing that everyone talks about Thatcher's legacy. She's been out of office for the best part of 20 years. Is this not Harold Wilson's leagcy or even Gladstone. Interesting this isn't Blair's legacy.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  I find it amazing that everyone talks about Thatcher's legacy. She's been out of office for the best part of 20 years. Is this not Harold Wilson's leagcy or even Gladstone. Interesting this isn't Blair's legacy.
                  It's because Maggie crushed the Unions, Introduced new Legislation to..........Oh god I cant go on. Google is your friend

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    The idea of relying solely on financial and services industries was Thatcher's. Labour continued it.
                    But once you've got rid of manufacturing, it's impossible to get it back.
                    Thatcher should have used her skills to turn around the ailing industries BEFORE privatising them, like the French managed to do.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X